Thursday, March 11, 2010

Settling For LESS.....(yikes)

Do men really know what they are looking for? The real question is do women know what they are looking for? I'm only asking because I know me and my girls are good looking women and we rarely get approached by hard working productive black men in society. Now I'm not talking about a square or a lame, but you know what I mean. Is it because we're intimidating or are we just going to the wrong places? Women often complain that there are no good men and all the good men are taken. And if this is wrong, where the hell are ya'll then?! But don't misunderstand me, I don't have a boyfriend, but that is strictly by choice. I could easily take one of the good looking men with money and a nice car that approach me, up on their offer. Damnit, sometimes I think I should! But if that is what you go out there looking for all you're going to come back with is a brokenheart that you might not be able to cure. But it is more than the car he drives and the money he has. If you deal with a man with your head in the clouds and your heart on your sleeve, I PROMISE...just call me...because you need guidance and a little re-evaluation. Don't go into in blindly, ladies. Know what you want and what you're looking for, that way it is easy to eliminate the guys that are just a waist of time. 2 years into a relationship is too late for you to just now realize that he is not the one, when you could have nipped it in the bud early on if you knew what you were looking for. For example, when you take a test (the man/a relationship) you have to study and prepare youself by reveiwing your notes and material given in class (prior relationships, advice, commen sense, your standards/morals). If you don't prepare for the test (if you have no morals/standards, sense), you will fail miserably. Women always talk about what they want in a man what they don't like in a man, but as soon as he whispers some sweet nothings (game) in your ear and shows you a good time and a little money, the morals and standards are out the window.With that said, my point is...us women have to start putting those morals and values that we were raised with to the test. You are never going to get what you want out of a relationship if you just settle for the first nice thing that comes your way. Contrary to what I said above (all the good men are taken), there are good men out there and I am patient and willing to wait until he comes my way. I think our generation is looking for the wrong things and when your motives aren't honest, you can't blame a man for treating you how you treated yourself, WITH NO RESPECT.side note: When you try to change a man, you are making him better for the next one.

But hey! Who am I? You be the judge...

N. Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment